POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : A Warning about Geocities : Re: A Warning about Geocities Server Time
11 Aug 2024 21:21:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A Warning about Geocities
From: Mrs Beasley
Date: 6 Jul 1999 20:49:53
Message: <3782A362.13305087@ask.me>
For those that have sites on XOOM or Tripod, read those TOSs as well.  They
have the same type of  wording.  As a matter of fact, if you read the TOS for
Tripod and XOOM the wording is almost identical to that of Yahoo.  A lot of
those "free" sites throw that in and a lot of people don't read the fine
print.  I posted a previous message to see if anyone knew of any other "free"
sites that don't do this( I read Fortunecity's and they don't seem to have
those terms) .  I got one response for a European company called YI . If
anyone finds others, I mentioned before that I would be willing to put
together a list and perhaps post it here (or on a website ) once a month for
newcomers or for those looking for alternative sites if anyone is interested.

Cheers,
Donna
nonego (at) yahoo (dot) com [ <--- yes, I know, a Yahoo address - it's where i
divert junk mail ]
dino (at) netbrain (dot) com

Quote from XOOM.com "You grant to XOOM.com and its affiliates a
                                    royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable,
nonexclusive,
                                    worldwide, unrestricted license to use,
copy, modify,
                                    transmit, distribute, and publicly perform
or display the
                                    submitted pages or other content for the
purposes of
                                    displaying such information on XOOM.com's
sites and
                                    for the promotion and marketing of
XOOM.com's
                                    services.
Change the "XOOM" to "Tripod" and they're nearly the same.  I'm sure a bunch
of others do this as well.